Friday, June 22, 2012

Midsummers Past

I arrived in Orgrimmar a couple days ago. I didn't realize how long I've spent cooped up in Tyr's Hand until I saw the Midsummer wreaths. I went to sit at the edge of the pond in the Valley of Wisdom and I saw the candles floating on the water...

And in an instant I was brought back to my childhood. Those late summer nights were spent running wild through the streets with my friends throwing those Midsummer petals at each other... getting caught up in the chase with that delirious smell of smoke and flowers. Right when the sun went down, you could go and buy a candle to float on the water. All those little lights in the moat in front of Stratholme were like the stars that would come out minutes later. And then the fireflies would come out and everyone would try to capture a few. Not to mention the bonfire, and all the blossoms hung around the city.

Seems a far cry from what's being done here. A few candles here and there and wreaths. Sure, there's a big bonfire but there isn't that sense of community. Everyone speaks more about going to extinguish the flames the Alliance has built. I don't understand what's so fun about denying people the same kind of enjoyment that I had so long ago.

I look forward to having new memories of this year's Midsummer Festival. Maybe this year will rival the ones of old?

No comments:

Post a Comment