Tuesday, June 19, 2012

Lighten-ing

Today I did what I usually do. I did my chores around the abbey. I even played with my cat for a while until he got exhausted. I figured since the Plaguelands have lightened somewhat I would go outside. This turned out to be a bad idea.

Roeth, a former scourgelord, decided to visit Tyr's Hand. To say that he frightens me is an understatement and we have met before when the Gauntlet had been sent to Northrend, as allies. Sir Drahkain also happened by and a quarrel ensued as Roeth continued to mock the people I cared for, who still happen to be missing. He called them, and myself hypocrites and generally poor company for the Bishop.  I restrained myself from yelling at him... even if I did yell, it probably wouldn't have done anything. Eventually I asked his forgiveness, as he said that he has 'grown tired' of us here.

I retreated back to the abbey and Sir Drahkain soon followed. We talked for a while and he was deeply offended by what had happened. He convinced me not to try and remedy what had been said by both parties. They've a right to their opinions, even if I don't agree with them. Roeth is a good friend to the Bishop and I would hate to have damaged their friendship because of some callous words.

Just as well, the group that left to fight hasn't returned yet. They must have succeeded, but I pray the victory wasn't bought with the blood of my friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment