Saturday, August 18, 2012

A Week or Two in Review

The past couple of weeks have been... eventful. I haven't had the time to write in here for quite some time now! I made contact with the spirit, whose name is Aedan. From what I could learn before I fainted from keeping the ritual to see him powered, he is a middle aged man who worked for the Scarlet Crusade as their librarian. He wished to tell me that he is keeping himself there because he doesn't want to cross over until he has done one good thing in the face of all the atrocities he has witnessed and/or committed. The Bishop is behind me on this, and wants me to help the man. Needless to say, I was rather sore after the ritual as it required much holy power to keep active.

A few days later, Sister Ruvias came by and she started to teach me the shielding spell she had promised to. Painful though it was, I managed to make a semblance of one over the target... a giant stuffed bear. I hope to continue practicing soon, though after my hand recovers from the burns.

The worst part though, happened a night ago. Kruega and I were talking and another tauren came up and started talking about strange things. He then started to get very angry, and wheeled about and called me Scourge... and then everything went downhill from there. He moved to attack me, but Kruega defended me as best he could. I was struck in the jaw, and my leg had been broken before my friend had to dispatch the addled man. It turns out, that Kruega had to kill his mentor that day. If he was taught by that tauren, then clearly he was not in his right mind when he attacked me. Kruega is too noble to have been taught otherwise.

Both he and Annjia (once I told her about it) feel awful that they could not prevent the harm that came to me. I told them both they shouldn't be mad... I felt no pain when the man struck me, and the man is unfortunately dead. Kruega told me he felt as though he had failed me, and Annjia became angry herself at not being there. I did not mean to raise their ire by getting involved...

Regardless, I pray the Light watches over that tauren. He was not in his right mind, and I forgive him for the assault. May he have the eternal rest he deserves, not the damnation his recent events would entail.

No comments:

Post a Comment