Tuesday, July 17, 2012

Invitation

A day ago I received a dinner invitation. I'll be honest, I don't know what will happen at the event. For the most part I was concerned about offending the host of the party by not being able to partake of the food offered... I mean that's what a dinner party is about, right? I've heard of nobles hosting such parties, and they'd be the talk of the town the day after.

Which then brought me to what I should wear. I don't have much for money, and what little clothing I own is patched and threadbare. I don't want to wear the formal vestments that the Bishop gave me... that would probably be overdressing and I would hate to get them stained by something. The answer to this dilemma was delivered by mail. Annjia sent me three different dresses! They look awfully expensive too, I will have to thank her when I see her next. They all seem to be of Gilnean make, and I've chosen to wear a burgundy red one. I showed it off to a few friends and they said it looked good. Well, I still have to hem the length and the waist a fair bit for it to fit me properly.

Showing off new dresses... it seems so odd!

I'm still having second thoughts about going to this party... but I did make a promise to the host that I would be more social. And I really don't want to go back on my word. Plus, Annjia did go and send me those dresses too. I don't want to let her down either. I'll do my best to enjoy myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment