Friday, July 20, 2012

Relieved, with Gifts

My previous entry was made in haste. Everything's worked out in that regard, and Miss Springbolt and I have buried the hatchet on the subject. I really should be getting back to Tyr's Hand soon. Something tells me that the abbey's gotten all muddy and dusty with all that foot traffic from the group that's taken to using it as a meeting place.

Over the past week, I've received several gifts. Most of them were dresses. I always feel so strange about getting gifts nowadays... I keep thinking to myself that the money could have been better spent elsewhere. I've a few good robes that I keep well mended. I don't need them, but eventually I'm coaxed into accepting them. I suppose it's nice to have something fancy to wear in case of some event like that dinner party. Don't worry, I thanked everyone profusely!

But perhaps the best gift I've received are my friends. Each and every one I care for, and in turn they care for me. I've had several volunteer themselves to aid me whenever I would need their help, just as I would do the same for them. It's funny... how people that I was raised to fear are suddenly some of the closest friends I have. For each and every one of them I say a prayer in the morning and at night. Even in my... darker moments when I feel down, they cheer me up. There was a time when I thought I was incapable of making friends...  I'm glad that time is passed.

I am truly blessed.

No comments:

Post a Comment